I start week 29 of my pregnancy today, and we are officially in the third trimester! I absolutely cannot believe that we only have about 10-11 more weeks to go before we meet our little one. :) I won't say that this pregnancy has flown by, but time has definitely gone by a lot faster this time with a toddler to take care of while working full-time.
A few other ways this pregnancy is noticeably different than pregnancy #1:
- Then, I played tennis until I could no longer reach around my belly to complete a full backhand swing. Now... my racquet is collecting dust bunnies in the closet.
- Then, I shopped for hours to find the perfect cute maternity tankini. Now... I'm all about the all-black one piece I picked off the rack at Target. It's comfortable, covers everything, and I love it.
- Then, I kept a minimum of three pregnancy-related books on my nightstand and religiously read them all. And made Andrew read a "daddy" book. Now... I get weekly updates on baby's growth delivered via my e-mail inbox.
- Then, I attended almost every single prenatal class that my hospital offered. Now... I attend the weekly viewing of the final season of "Lost" in my living room.
- Then, I took a nap after work almost every day in my first and third trimesters and on both days of the weekend. Now... I can count the number of naps I've had in the last seven months on my two hands.
- Then, I stocked up on every single baby thing that "they" said I needed and that
I thought I couldn't live withoutwas just too precious to pass up! Now... I've bought some new pacifiers and diapers, and just a few things we actually needed last time and didn't have -- sleepers that zip instead of snap, socks that actually stay on, and newborn onesies (that 0-3 months size does not fit newborns).
- Then, I placed iPod speakers on my belly for baby to listen to classical music and made Andrew talk to my belly. Now... baby #2 gets to enjoy the sound of big sister learning to "sing" and to eavesdrop on our bedtime stories.
- Then, I wondered about how much a baby would really change our lives. Now... I know that we are getting ready to plunge into complete and total chaos -- less money, more laundry, no sleep -- and I couldn't be happier. :) I could NEVER in my wildest dreams have imagined the amount of pure love and laughter that Lucy would bring into our lives, and I can already feel my heart expanding in preparation for the arrival of a new little person.
In the meantime, check out this video about how baby will grow between now and week 37: http://www.babycenter.com/2_inside-pregnancy-weeks-28-to-37_3658874.bc. (Note ~ might not be suitable for kids). Amazing!