Thursday, September 25, 2008

"Goodnight mush"

We had our first ever storytime last night and kicked it off with a bang by reading one of Andrew's childhood favorites, Goodnight Moon. Of course, Lucy had absolutely no idea what I was saying, but... she did sit quietly and stare at the pictures and I think she liked the cadence of my voice as I read those repetitive well-loved lines. Friends who hosted my Baton Rouge baby shower secretly asked everyone to bring a book as a gift since they assumed (rightly so) that I'd want to share my passion for reading with Lucy. I'm so grateful to them for doing this -- she already has a library to be rivaled and we're looking forward to bedtime stories for many years to come!

3 comments:

Candace said...

One of our favorites, too! Oh, how many books to read...
AG has read three books a night ever since I can remember. Now that she's getting older, the books are getting longer and it's quite a task- but well worth it.

Anonymous said...

We read this one every night when MT was little. I picked it up a couple of months ago and was so happy she listened again.

MT also has 3 books each night. She picks the 3, and we emphasize 'last book'... a lot. :)

the mama said...

this was one of our favorites, too! ours went in the bath several times (I don't know why) so it is missing a few pages...but we all know them by heart, so it really doesn't matter!
we do NOT read 3 books a night - we do 2 one for M and one for W. W's favorites are forever long, so we do those mostly after M is sleeping. I do love it when a child backs into your lap with a book in their hand!!